Thursday, June 24, 2010

Anonymous Senders Please Read

I call this site the Radio Voice of Asbury Park because it was created to give voice to all. However, anonymous statements raise issues.
Some of the messages I receive from anonymous senders contain information that I can pursue for verification, time permitting. The more information and verification -- proof -- supplied by the sender the more likely I'll have time to follow up.
Other anon messages are merely hate-filled rants. The latter have caused me to initiate a rule barring all anonymous comments with the rationale that people with legitimate points to make should stand ready to defend them. If writers fear reprisals, they should indicate so in the comment when sending it.
If you're still unsure what to do, please email me at AsburyRadio@aol.com.

No comments: