Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Want to be Forced to Go to Your Car Dealer for Everything? Right to Repair Law Coming Up for Vote in NJ

If you don't want to visit your dealer every time you need to replace a light bulb in your car, better tell your politicians to vote for the Right to Repair Bill: Motor Vehicle Owners Right to Repair Act (S-1334/A-803). www.righttorepairnj.org
I checked with the office of State Senator Sean Kean, which is also the office for Mary Pat Angelini and David Rible. Rible's people called back to say he's voting against the Bill. So it's a good bet the other two are as well.
I want the freedom to take my car where I want. It's bad enough the 'check engine' light can go on whenever it pleases, sending us running to the same dealers who made us such wonderful deals on our cars (mine, Freehold Hyundai, sold me a used car as a new one - it even had a replacement windshield by the time I got it) and months of computer commands, false fail messages and money, money, money... Now we'd have to undergo all of that for the slightest repair!
I've asked Rible's office to send me a statement as to why he's against the bill. I'll post it here as soon as I get it. And, I invite comment on this issue right here. We'll post all comments. Please click on comment to enter this blog, then click on comment once more to bring up the form.
Thanks!
Maureen

No comments: